Beef Business Mentoring Program
Is your beef business providing you with the financial return, time off and general satisfaction that you thought it would?
Are you looking to grow your enterprise – or maybe just to fine-tune a few things? Do you have ongoing issues around succession, staff, financial management, or are looking to move into higher value, more profitable markets?
The Beef Business Mentoring Program has been developed to work with beef enterprises, to take them to the “the next level” of business thinking, skills and profitability. The focus is on mentoring beef enterprises through a business transformation process – to make sure they accurately identify what needs to change in their business, and to work together to ensure that change happens.
The aim of the program is to support beef business owners in creating ‘profitable, self-managing, saleable and high performing beef enterprises’.
The Program is an initiative of ABDI, MLA (through its MLA Donor Company or MDC), the Qld Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAFQ), AgForce and the Crowe Horwarth.
Who’s the Program for?
- Any Beef Producer looking to improve the profitability of their business is encouraged to apply.
- The Program is for those with a financial or operational interest in a beef business (such as business owners, business directors, managers and shareholders).
- Program fee subsidies are available.
How will it work?
You can participate in one or several of the program components. Find out more about each:
What will I get out of it?
Beef CEO Mentoring Program
- A Mentoring Program running over 12 months
- Tailored to your key business issues, whether it is business growth, succession, improved financial management, dealing with staff and family better and so on.
- Access to key business specialists from a variety of backgrounds – for you to be exposed to new ways of thinking and bounce ideas off
- Enables networking with motivated, like-minded beef business owners and decision makers, who can share ideas about their own problems and solutions
- This is where your business transformation really begins. We know that the hardest part is not working out what needs to change—the hardest part is following through and making the changes happen. Your personal mentor will help keep you accountable in the change process.
- Follows a systematic and holistic approach, based on the ABDI 12 Pillars of Business Best Practice.
1 Day “Better Beef Business” Workshop
- The workshop is designed to create a setting where beef business owners and managers take time out of their business, become the “outsider looking in” and spend quality time working ON their Business.
- The Workshop demonstrates how a global best practice beef enterprise works, and you’ll assess how your enterprise measures up. It also provides insights into global beef market opportunities.
- You’ll identify your Top 3 “Work-Ons”—the 3-things which are your major business growth stoppers or barriers to you business and personal growth.
- We then define your own personal “Steps to Change”. We collectively map out how to start your change process —to implement your own Work-Ons, and give you a way to measure your success.
Webinars / Teleconferences
- Regular webinar sessions will provide you with valuable information about the changing beef markets, and with practical tips on business management and business building. They range across topics in the ABDI 12 Pillars of Business Best Practice.
- If your internet connection doesn’t support webinars, a teleconference option is also available. And if you can’t make the session, you can download the audio to listen to later, as long as you register.
Want to know more?
Join us at one of our upcoming Program webinars, where we discuss the Program in detail, investigate beef markets and talk with industry specialists on beef specific business issues. If you’d like more information about the program, or to get updates on the climate and what it means for your business, as well as practical business building tips, please register for updates on the Beef Business Mentoring Program. To enquire about any of the programs, get in touch with us, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions.
Program Webinar Series
Register for Program updates
Get in touch
Join us at one of our upcoming Program webinars, where we discuss the Program in detail, investigate beef markets and talk with industry specialists on beef specific business issues.
If you’d like more information about the program, or to get updates on the climate and what it means for your business, as well as practical business building tips, please register for updates on the Beef Business Mentoring Program.
To enquire about any of the programs, get in touch with us, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions.
“It’s not about working more hours. It’s not even about getting more out of your land. It’s more about what we call ‘internal profitability’. This is about addressing your business skills, your mindset and your ability to change. This is where the real profit and business growth opportunities lies.”
This Program is jointly funded by the MLA’s Donor Company (MDC) and financial partners including the Agri-Business Development Institute (ABDI), Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAFQ) with support from AgForce and Crowe Horwath. The MDC is partly funded by the Federal Government rather than meat industry levies. MDC funds must be co-matched dollar for dollar by external organisations. The purpose is to promote commercially focussed Research and Development (R&D) leading to development of innovative commercial products and services that will facilitating practice change within the red meat industry.
* Note – Cover photo of Comanche Droughtmasters – Photo by Kent Ward
Call us now to book or find out more about the program:
(07) 4615 2255
Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch