Fast-track your business knowledge, and design a more effective business from the ground up.
This 12-week agri-business management course will fast-track your business knowledge and provide you with an overview of the fundamentals of business planning, management and ‘best practice’.
Learn how to enhance business performance, manage staff and family, improve customer engagement and optimise the way you run your business.
If you need to change or optimise the way you run your business,
the Agri-Business By Design Program will kickstart this process.
Learn from business specialists about the business fundamentals
12 week Fast-Track
Optimise your time – 2 day workshop plus home learning and mentoring
Network / Support
Work with like-minded people, to see how others are doing things
ENHANCE YOUR BUSINESS SKILLS REGARDLESS OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCE
This agri-business management program is designed to educate and support participants around business management for their agricultural business. It is suitable for agribusiness owners, managers, and entrepreneurs across all agricultural sectors. The program is designed to offer an intensive program that minimises your time away from the farm or workplace.
It is ideal if:
You’re looking to upskill around ‘business management’, and are keen to consolidate and build on the fundamentals
You are relatively happy with your business, but are looking for ‘outside the square’ thinking from business experts, to take the business to the next level
You’re looking for a framework to map out and manage your business growth process
You need to get your business back on track after a rough period, or things aren’t going as well as expected, and you’re looking for expert advice on how to improve things
You’re flat out and time poor, and are looking for a short intensive program, with minimal time away from the business, to kickstart change.
You would like to enhance your communication skills to help you deal with staff, family dynamic or succession issues.
✓ 2-day workshop
✓ On-line learning modules
✓ Monthly webinar catch-ups
✓ Training materials
✓ Business templates
✓ Access to on-going coaching
✓ Access to advisory services
Learn a range of key business fundamentals
Regardless of whether you’re an entrepreneur seeking new business opportunities or the owner of a family-run business that has seen generations evolve in the agricultural sector, this business management program that is specific to agriculture will teach you a range of valuable skills in a number of key learning areas.
The Program works through a range of topics, such as:
- Learn how to define your business’ goals and direction
- Plan your approach by creating your own Business Action Plan
Product and Marketplace
- Learn about product marketing
- Improve your customer engagement
- Identify your business’ strengths and weaknesses – including barriers to growth
- Develop your business growth strategies
- Consolidate your thinking around your succession planning
- Learn how to manage both your workforce and resources
- Improve communication with staff, family and other stakeholders such as banks
- Enhance your leadership skills
Business Management Processes
- Develop or fine-tune your business systems – around financial management, staff management, internal management such as family management meetings
- Better understand and assess business risk
- Enhance your ‘thinking outside the square thinking’
- Learn how to work ON the business, while still working in the business
- Maximise your professional development
- business Marketing and Customer Engagement
Importantly, the program is about having the ‘open conversation’, where you can discuss and deal with the key issues in your business.
This 12-week business management course has been specifically designed to be intensive but also accessible, which will allow you to spend time ON your business while minimising your time AWAY from your business.
- Learning around key business topics
- Engage with business specialists
- Meet and work with other business owners
- Focussing on open conversations, rather than ‘death by Powerpoint’.
- Completion of fortnightly online training modules from your own home
- Templates and systems to use in your own business
- Access to group support and collaboration
- Group fortnightly mentoring sessions to keep learning from and bouncing ideas off the group and the mentors
- Keep motivated and on track
- Done from your own home, via telephone or online
What other think about our programs
“I found the ABDI program helped me become crystal clear on where to head the business. After being involved in the personal work we had to do as part of the program, it became very apparent that the direction of the business was too diverse – as a result of working it through, I am now very clear about EXACTLY what the business will do for its clients, exactly where the business is headed and I now have very clear goals and a pathway to get there. This is a vastly different position from when I started the program. Thanks so much“.
Chris Temsen – Regional Manager, Peracto
“The face-to-face meetings have been excellent – as I can interact with other like-minded people in agriculture who face similar challenges. The program is thought provoking and has delivered clear key take-home messages that I can and have put into action – and I can see will make a huge difference to our future. Thanks Gordon!”
Michael McMahon – Abbotsleigh Citrus
2018 Dates and Locations
Our programs operate in regional centres across both Queensland and New South Wales ensuring efficiency and accessibility.
- Emerald QLD: 24-25 May 2018
- Biloela QLD: 7-8 June 2018
- Wagga NSW: 21-22 June 2018
- >Boonah QLD: 19-20 July 2018
- Lismore NSW: 16-17 August 2018
- Armidale NSW: 6-7 September 2018
1st person per business – $995 (inc. GST)
Additional persons per business – $795 (inc. GST)
- A payment plan option is also available (3 equal monthly payments).
- Early Bird pricing (10% discount) is also available 2 weeks out from the program commencement date in each location. Early bird codes available at checkout.
- Funding Opportunities: Participants may be eligible to access a rebate ($250 per person up to $500 per enterprise)
as part of the Natural Disaster Resilience Project associated with TC Debbie.
Please contact us for details.
How to Book or Register your interest
IMPORTANT: Registrations for this agri-business management program program close one week prior to the workshop event.
Places are limited, so to ensure sufficient one-on-one time, you need to book early to avoid disappointment.
This Program is supported by the following partners
GET IN TOUCH